Join us on a life transforming, soul searching journey through Yoga Teacher Training.
Our 200-hour Yoga Teaching Certification Course offers a grounded, authentic initiation in the path of teaching Yoga. This 8-month program will progress and expand your knowledge of asana, anatomy, alignment, philosophy, and Ayurveda. Our innovative and foundational 200-hour Yoga Teacher Certification course integrates the discipline of Yoga, Vedic wisdom, and Ayurveda to teach the living path of Yoga. You will transform yourself and others as you delve deep into the path of Yoga.
You will learn and acquire all the tools necessary to lead authentic, safe, and effective yoga classes. Our curriculum is rich with yoga philosophy, Ayurveda, and anatomy as well as engaging lessons for self exploration, practice teaching, and self-discovery. Come evolve your practice and transform your life!
This program offers flexibility and ease of completion so that you can integrate what you learn each weekend during our breaks between sessions. This will allow you to successfully complete reading and practice assignments as you continue to expand your knowledge and love of yoga.
Through the New Mexico School of Yoga 200 hr. program you will:
– Be able to lead group Yoga classes consisting of pranayama, namaskar, asana
– Practice, teach and lead meditation practices
– Understand important concepts of Ayurveda including tri-doshic theory to help you stay strong and healthy
– Understand Ayuveda’s prakruti/vikruti paradigm to understand individual constitutional theory and keep yourselves and classes balanced
– Understand basic lifestyle practices and seasonal cycles as important factors in teaching yoga, health and well-being
– Bring yoga philosophy to life and understand how Yogic texts support the living practice of yoga
– Understand alignment, anatomy, cues, hands on and modifications for 9 pranayama, 7 namaskars and 54 asanas for teaching.
When attending the module sessions, the typical day of study will look like this:
Morning: Yoga practice and application
Lunch: Enjoy the Nob Hill area of Albuquerque
Afternoon and Evening: Theory and practicum
On average, each day spans 9am-6pm. A more detailed schedule and itinerary will be provided specific to the module with registration.
$2250 Regular Rate | Early Bird Before 4/9/17: $2000
*Payment plans available
A non-refundable application fee of $75 is to be submitted along with the application. A deposit of $500 is due upon acceptance into the program. Program withdrawals are subjected to a $50 processing fee prior to November 1. There will be no refunds after November 1.